Staying hydrated while traveling is essential for feeling your best and enjoying your holiday to the fullest. However, using disposable plastic water bottles can contribute to waste and harm the environment. That's why it's important to find eco-friendly ways to stay hydrated this summer, whether you're on the go or chilling in the sun! In this blog we'll share five tips for staying hydrated and reducing waste while traveling. From using reusable water bottles to finding water refill stations, these tips will help you stay hydrated and protect the planet at the same time. Learn how you can make sustainable hydration a part of your next travel adventure!
Here are your 5 tips for staying hydrated while reducing waste this summer:
1. Carry a reusable water bottle: Bringing a reusable water bottle with you is a great way to stay hydrated while traveling. You can fill it up at water fountains or other sources of safe, clean drinking water. In the UK, most cafes and bars will fill up your reusable water bottles up for free with fresh tap water!
2. Drink water regularly throughout the day: Make sure you drink water regularly throughout the day, even if you don't feel thirsty. This will help you stay hydrated and avoid dehydration.
3. Avoid sugary drinks: Sugary drinks like soda and energy drinks can dehydrate you and leave you feeling sluggish. Stick to water or other hydrating drinks like coconut water or herbal tea.
4. Eat hydrating foods: Certain foods like watermelon, cucumber, and celery are high in water content and can help keep you hydrated. Try to incorporate these foods into your meals and snacks while traveling.
5. Be mindful of your alcohol intake: Drinking alcohol can dehydrate you and leave you feeling tired and heavy. If you choose to drink alcohol while traveling, make sure you also drink plenty of water too and be sure to get ice in your drinks!