We've got some easy-to-make cocktail recipes that will spice up your summer parties! From tequila sunrise to martinis, these recipes are simple and fun - perfect for family and friends on those hot summer days (or even rainy days). Jazz up your outfits and match with your Mimes Reusables 'Cupsie' which will keep your cocktails ice cold all day long.
The tequila sunrise will never go out of style, thanks to its stunning layers and vibrant flavour. You only need 3 ingredients for this one and you will be feeling those tropical cocktail vibes!
- 2 tsp grenadine
- 50ml tequila
- 1 tbsp triple sec
- 1 large orange, or 2 small oranges, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cocktail cherry
Fill the bottom of a tall glass with grenadine, then set it aside. Tequila, triple sec, and fruit juices should be added to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake the shaker until the exterior starts to feel cold. While being careful not to disturb the grenadine layer too much, add a few ice cubes to the serving cup before carefully straining the cocktail into it. Add more ice if required to fill the cup, then garnish with a cherry or a cocktail umbrella for that beach vibe.
Passion Fruit Martini
With its simple preparation and zesty tastes, this passion fruit cocktail is ideal for summer gatherings. Add Prosecco on top to make it more special!
- 1 ripe passion fruit, halved
- 30ml vanilla vodka
- 15ml pessoa
- half tbsp lime juice
- half tbsp sugar syrup
- Prosecco, to serve
Add the seeds from a passionfruit halve, vodka, Pessoa, lime juice and sugar syrup to a cocktail shaker. Add some ice, shake vigorously, and pour into cup. To make it extra special, add Prosecco to the top and a half-passionfruit. Serve right away.
Get a taste of summer with this classic Italian dream. With just three ingredients you can make the perfect Aperol Spritz.
- 50ml aperol
- 75ml prosecco
- soda to top-up
Add some ice cubes to a cup and add the aperol. Add prosecco then top up with soda. Add a slice of orange to add some zest to this cocktail.
Pink Gin Spritz
Unleash your inner Barbie with this sparkling pink gin spritz. A classic, aesthetic cocktail with three simple ingredients; premium pink gin, lemonade and prosecco.
- 50ml premium pink gin
- 150ml lemonade
- 25ml prosecco
- 2 fresh strawberries
- Fill large cup with ice. Mix in the pink gin and lemonade. Top up with prosecco and gently stir. Finish this cocktail off by garnishing with fresh or frozen fruit for the perfect fruity cocktail.
Easy Snacks to Pair with Cocktails
If you're thinking about the perfect snacks to pair with these cocktails, we have you covered! Why not try:
- Fruit Skewers: Skewers made of fresh and colourful fruits; strawberries, mango, and watermelon. These make for a delightful, easy-to-eat snack and aren't too messy!
- Apple Slices with Peanut or Almond Butter: Serve crisp apple slices alongside some almond butter or peanut butter for a refreshing and protein-rich snack.
- Frozen Grapes: Freeze fresh grapes for a sweet treat that will keep you cool. These are very popular and pair well with cocktails.
- Fruit and Cheese Platter: Combine sliced fruits like apples, pears, and grapes with a selection of low-fat cheese for a balanced and flavourful snack. These look so aesthetic, perfect for Instagram posts!
Whether you are at the beach, a barbecue, or just out and about this summer, we hope we have given you some inspiration for some fun refreshments that are perfect for on the go, in your favourite cupsie! Remember to enjoy responsibly but have a great time sipping these delightful summer drinks and don't forget to tag us!